Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Old TV and brand new museums


I am typing this watching Get Smart – that’s the standard of TV available – though I have to admit 99 looked pretty good (and Maxwell Smart looks very much like George Bush – hmm, and sounds like him too!). This has just finished and now followed by a b/w episode of the Twilight Zone…Gawd, a trip back to my youth. Might be time to change channels. And I did – and got Seinfeld….!

Another late start – am sleeping well – and a much cooler day. Went to the new (well, its 10 yrs old now but looked awfully new) Getty Center http://www.getty.edu/ . Trouble is getting there by public transport looked a nightmare – I ended up using taxis – a hundred bucks worth of them! But it was worth it. The museum and its grounds are brilliant – this was purely a pleasure trip – no meetings. It is just magnificent – shows what you can do if you are a billionaire with good taste! Even the modern architecture I thought was inspiring - it all sort of worked together – landscape and structure. In the evening did the whole make over thing – an hour in the gym, into the sauna, the spa then an hour of Shiatsu massage – all very serious stuff and sadly, the hands on bit was done by a bloke. I made the mistake of saying my shoulder was a bit sore…if it wasn’t before it sure will be tomorrow.. he certainly enjoyed his work this little guy! Strangely enough though I actually fell asleep for a minute or two in the middle of it which I wouldn’t have thought possible. Staggered back and spent the rest of the evening sorting out accommodation in New York..I sort off left it to the last minute (Wotif usually works OK) and found it a bit challenging – finally sorted, but not easy.

No comments: